Friday, July 29, 2011

Technology rots our brains...

Seriously, it does.
I honestly don't know how I would get from point a to point b without my GPS anymore! And I've spent far too much time on this road trip fiddling on my phone.
Know what has become completely underappreciated due to everyone's addiction to technology? Mile markers (if you don't know what I'm referring to, please see the image below). Especially if youre going east to west, because then they tell you how many miles you have left until you get to a new state! Especially if youre driving cross country and literally spending days on the same flipping highway!!!
And what's even better is since New Mexico is awesome with its super nice welcome center, I have this awesome I-40 travel guide that had a chart of how long I-40 is in different states (see my picture below)!
So, we have like 30 miles left in New Mexico, then 359 miles (::gag::) in Arizona, THEN WE ARE IN CALIFORNIA!!! woot!
To offset my technology addiction I'm gonna try and get The Sailor to play some old school road trip games like I-Spy (which is the only one I really know of, so any suggestions would be much appreciated for the final leg of this journey)!
Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik