Monday, July 18, 2011

I'M NOT A HOBO ANYMORE!

So, yeah, in case you forgot, when I left Pittsburgh literally all I took was a suitcase and my dog.  And that suitcase wasn't even completely full!  Obviously I wasn't planning well, but whatever, no need to dwell on it.

Luckily, X was being totally reasonable about me just taking off in the middle of a random Tuesday and agreed to pack up my stuff and send my clothes, makeup, etc. to me and then give some of my bulkier items to a friend of mine for them to send to me once I've settled down.

I did some research and it turned out Greyhound had the best shipping prices.  I don't think I would trust anything fragile or super expensive to them, but clothes - why not?

Source

X sent them last Tuesday and was told at most it would take 5 days to get to me.  Well, this morning when I still hadn't gotten a call to come pick it up (you have to pick up at the Greyhound station) I decided to call them.  After almost an hour on hold listening to music from the Nutcracker (seriously Greyhound - please update your on-hold-music to be more season appropriate!) turns out my stuff was already in!  There was a note that the phone number given wasn't working, yet it was the right phone number.  Needless to say, I wasn't exactly happy with Greyhound, but you still can't beat $200 to ship 4 huge/heavy boxes from Pittsburgh to Charlotte, NC.

But, I'm seriously happy to say I'm no longer a hobo!  Now I just have to figure out how the hell we're going to fit all this extra crap in the truck and/or car for the cross country trip!

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

Personal Photo

2 comments:

  1. Love the new look! I can't believe X was okay with it! You still need to give me much more details! Like...what are you doing with all of your Marshall's stuff!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always pair down when I move just to make things easier/lighter/less work for me, but I am a bit of a purge-aholic.
    Good luck fitting everything into your truck!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik