Thursday, July 14, 2011

Surprise!

We are getting married!
Yeah, it might sound completely nuts but I've never been so sure of something in my life. And oh yeah, its happening either tomorrow or Saturday.
Now, don't get all offended thinking I was hiding this from you; originally we were just going to go to the courthouse tomorrow and elope, so to speak. When that was the plan I was just going to tell you all after we were official. But word spread like rapid fire in The Sailor's family and they just weren't having it, so now we are getting married at his Uncle's house, which is awesome because it means my baby Gabby can be there!
We don't know if it'll be tomorrow or Saturday yet because his aunt is still on the hunt for someone to actually marry us! Apart from that we are actually good to go. One of his aunts is a baker, so she'll make the cake. We have our venue and another aunt is going to put together some flowers. We've had rings since we were in Maryland and I even went and got a dress from David's Bridal yesterday!  Today we are going to get our marriage license and I need to get shoes and accessories and we will be good to go!
I know it seems crazy to just dive in like this but first of all, it looks like The Sailor is going to be deployed in September - if we aren't married the Navy won't give two shits about me or keeping me in the loop if anything happens to him. Secondly, I have never been so sure of something in my life. I want to spend the rest of my life with this man and start a family with him. I would happily go with him from one side of the country to the other and then back again. If that's where this journey takes us. I'm just so excited.
I'll probably bother you all again later with pics of the courthouse and shopping excursion, but that's all for now!
Until next time...enjoy this picture if the dress I'll be wearing when I marry The Sailor:

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Wow! WOW! You better have lots of photos! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik