Friday, July 29, 2011

Hola from New Mexico!

Before you think we somehow learned how to teleport, let me explain why there was no update for Oklahoma or Texas.
By the time we hit Oklahoma the Welcome Center was closed so I couldn't get a map. And I was too tired to come up with something else to post about. We ended up driving until about 1230 am (eastern time) which means we drove for about 19 hours (give or take). But that just about brought us to the half way point of our trip!
Then the only place left with any vacancies was a super skeezy motel, but whatever, we were pretty exhausted. Then I woke up at 7 (central time) and woke up The Sailor and we were on the road by 730!
I would have loved to give you an update when we got to Texas but apparently Texas sucks and doesn't gave a Welcome Center with maps! Good job Texas - nothing seems any bigger (liars) and no maps. Luckily we only had to drive through the little part that sticks up in the top.
But, we just made it to New Mexico! And although their roads kinda suck, their welcome center was pretty awesome...and, you guessed it, they had maps!  Quite large maps actually (apparently things are actually bigger in New Mexico, not Texas) so they kinda sucked to take a picture of but beggars can't be choosers! I took a pic pointing to our approximate location and another with I-40 (yeah - we're totally still on the SAME highway) highlighted!
Hasta la proxima...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik