Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tuesday Night Shenanigans

So, I already mentioned I had a crazy night last night, so I figured I'd tell you about it!

By crazy I mean I didn't just sit at home, haha. Before we left the East Coast I was trying to find a way to insure that I would meet people once I got to Lemoore. When I searched for a chapter of the Navy Wives Clubs of America in Lemoore to no avail, I started looking elsewhere online. And I ended up stumbling upon meetup.com. Low and behold, someone had literally just created a group on the site for the spouses of Sailors stationed at NAS Lemoore. And last night I went to my first meetup!

Well, by meetup I mean it ended up being me going to the creator of the group's house (we'll call her Navy Wife Kim, or just NW Kim cuz I'm lazy) to watch a movie.  And although we put a movie on, we just spent the whole time talking. And let me tell you, it was amazing to get to talk to someone who actually knew what it was like to be married to a Sailor. NW Kim's husband has been in the Navy for almost a decade and she's been with him the whole time. She is a pro Navy Wife! And she's one of the nicest people I've ever met.  And her Hubby is currently on the ship that My Sailor is going to be deployed to at the end of September! And so we chit chatted from about 8 pm to about midnight.

Yup, I'm a wild child! But, more importantly, I'm super excited to have met another wife on base and I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out with her again!

So, I guess most people wouldn't really consider my activities last night all that exciting, but I had a great time!

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad you were able to meet someone in your area!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik