Friday, August 5, 2011

Is it like Army Wives?

This morning I got a text from my sister, R (the one who said congrats and nothing more), asking for advice about her dog. Since she was concerned because he ate some chocolate I obviously responded to help in any way I could (I'm not a vet or anything, but I've taken dog first aid classes and researched dog health a lot since getting Gabby 3 years ago). Once we determined her dog would be fine (he's a large dog and only ate a milk chocolate truffle) she said, "so do you live on an army base now? Is it like 'Army Wives'?"
And I was actually surprised by my instant sense of annoyance. He isn't in the Army, he's in the Navy, so no, we don't live on an army base. And then she goes, "ooooo, so do you live on the beach?" And to that I just kind of chuckled. No beach for us because My Sailor isn't a sailor at all - he works on jets. So we're stationed at Naval Air Station (aka NAS) Lemoore which is out in the middle of nowhere! i
The conversation was amusing to me, and that's why I'm sharing it with you. But now I have to get ready to move into our apartment so I gotta go. But since posts without pictures are lame I'm adding a picture of my beloved Gabby. This was this morning at the dog park on base. She has a golf ball in her mouth since they're all over the park since the driving range is right next to the park. Luckily she doesn't try to eat them, just plays with them! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik