Saturday, August 6, 2011

I finally have an actual kitchen!

Which means I can actually eat food that's relatively good for me again!

I've been craving smoothies like no ones business lately, so last night we picked up a single serving blender from Walmart (its Hamilton Beach brand and it was only $12) and some smoothie ingredients and for breakfast this morning I decided to try it out!

I had frozen mixed berries, a banana (but I only used half of it), fat free vanilla Greek yogurt, and juice.  The juice I got is Sambazon Acai juice with blueberries and pomegranate. It's all fruit, no additives, so overall this smoothie is as healthy as it gets really!

I was pleasantly surprised with how well my cheap-o blender worked. I made sure to layer the frozen fruit with the other ingredients so it wouldn't jam up, and waited till the end to add the juice. Then when I got started blending I stopped regularly to stir it up. But in the end the blender worked really well - there are no chunks of fruit and the smoothie is DELICIOUS! Definitely plan on having this be a regular breakfast (or snack) from now on.

Until next time... chub




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik