Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oh, Hello Nesting....

I am a cleaning machine.  Period.
Source
For real though, I have done so much today and it's just barely noon as I'm typing this now...

  1. I did my normal kitchen/living room tidying (the dishes, picked up dog toys, clorox wiped everything, etc.)
  2. Vacuumed the living room
  3. Did a load of laundry (washed, dried, folded, and put away)
  4. Washed my sheets (washed, dried, and re-made the bed)
  5. Cleaned my bedroom (general tidying, dusting, etc.)
  6. Scrubbed the hell out of the upstairs bathroom (sink, toilet, tub, floor and all!)
  7. Changed out the kitty litter (we have an automatic litter box but the insert needs to be thrown away and replaced about once a month)
  8. Vacuumed the "cat room" (it's just a large closet upstairs where the cat food and litter box live - I cannot express enough how amazing it is to have a completely separate room for the cat.  The door stays open but there's a gate there to keep the dogs out)
  9. Vacuumed the upstairs hallway and our bedroom (the nursery has too much random shit strewn about and I never even open the door to the third bedroom which will eventually be an office so they didn't get vacuumed.)
  10. I even vacuumed the freaking stairs.  Which sucked.  Stairs shouldn't be carpeted.  Period.
That, my friends, is a list of 10 freaking cleaning related things I did this morning.  I am Wonderwoman.  Well, I'm not Wonderwoman, I'm nesting-woman, and it damn near killed my vacuum, lol.
Personal Photo
I actually had to give my vacuum a break halfway through the stairs because it was getting too hot and losing suction!

Since this crazy cleaning spree is completely out of character for me, I'm attributing it to "nesting instincts."  Parenting weekly has a great article on nesting, but I think it can be summed up by the first paragraph of the article:

Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world.

Honestly, I'm not gonna complain about it unless I start doing something crazy like feeling the need to scrub my floors with a toothbrush (which apparently some crazy preggers do).  I've always wanted to be a tidy person, I just really hate cleaning.

By some miracle though, even after my cleaning spree, my (DIY) manicure that I just did yesterday held up completely.  It's official, China Glaze is by far superior to OPI.

But now I'm gonna go relax, do some knitting, and probably fall asleep.  I totally earned an afternoon nap!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl! I'm so with you on this. My feet and legs are killing me today after everything I've gotten done. But, the house looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should fly you to MD so you can clean my house for me??? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik