Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Guess where I am?

Source
...Yup - I'm at the airport!  Fresno Yosemite International Airport, to be exact.  Isn't it tiny?  Haha!  But I can't really complain.  I'm lucky that even though we live out in the middle of nowhere there's an airport about a half hour away.  Plus, the inside is actually really nice, they have good wi-fi, and they have fake sequoias in the entrance...
Source
I'm going home for a week to see my family.  As much as I would have liked to have gone home for actual Christmas, a plane ticket over the holidays would have cost about $1,000.  A plane ticket a few week before was only $275!  Definitely wasn't worth the extra cost.

I'll be staying with my Dad for the next 6 days.  I have never slept in my father's house for more than 2 days, and the last time I did that was in middle school.  Not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous.  I love my Dad, it's his wife who I'm not the biggest fan of.  If she gets on my nerves my plan is to basically tell her to shut up and blame my short tempered-ness on being pregnant, hahaha.

Saturday my Dad's side of the family is getting together.  My grandfather is actually making a pretty big deal about it, which is super sweet.  And he isn't counting this as their Christmas get together, this is just for me.  I feel special!

Then Sunday my Mom is having her side of the family over her house.  In case you forgot, my Mom and I didn't leave on the best terms last month.  In fact, we haven't really been speaking.  She did send me a text message on black Friday that said, "I hope you had a good day yesterday" and sent me another text message the other day that said, "I expect you're still coming on the 11th, everyone is expecting you."  I'm slightly terrified.  But at the same time, if I time it right and get there after everyone else and leave before everyone else I know it'll be fine.  She won't make a scene in front of her Dad and sisters.

So, overall, I'm excited to see everyone but nervous at the same time.  Hopefully everything will go smoothly this time! I'm not gonna lie though, I hate leaving the dogs.  This morning I was trying to explain to them how long I would be gone.  Lola wasn't phased.  Gabby was going nuts since she knows I'm leaving when I get out my suitcase.  It isn't like I worry about them being okay, Navy Wife Kim will be watching them, I just don't like leaving them.  At lease I won't go through total doggy withdrawals though since my Dad has a rottweiler to keep me company!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. LOL andddd I work about 3 minutes from that airport :) I love it…there are never any long lines, no security issues and it just feels so cozy! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik