Friday, December 16, 2011

Tell Me About Yo-self!

Elley, author of Up Above the World So High tagged me with the "Tell Me About Yourself Award!"

So...here's how it works:
1. Thank the person who awarded you. (Thanks Elley!!!)
2. List 7 things people may not know about you.
3. Pass it on to 15 other bloggers and don’t forget to notify them

For reals though, 15 other bloggers is A LITTLE obscene, so I'm going to pass the award on to three other bloggers (like Elley did, lol).  But anyways, on to things you didn't know about me, which may be kinda tough to think of since I have a tendency to over-share on my blog, haha...

1) I went to Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA and studied Information Systems Management.  It's a great field to get into and I chose it because I knew I could make good money doing it.  Now that my priorities have changed I think I may want to re-focus myself before I go back to work after having kids and staying home with them for a few years.

2) I tap danced for a decade and a half - yup, 15 whole years.  I started when I was 3 and continued until I graduated high school.  I still regularly tap around especially when I'm cooking and have music playing  or in department stores (they tend to play music that's easy to tap to, haha).
Source

3) I had an umbilical hernia when I was little that I had surgically repaired when I was 4.  It's a hernia that gives you an extreme outtie belly button if it doesn't fix itself while you're still an infant.  Because my belly button is man-made not home grown (lol) it is REALLY deep, and I'm terrified what kind of Frankenstein-esque scene it'll be if it pops out during my pregnancy.

4) Along that same note, I don't have a gallbladder.  I started having gallstone attacks when I was 17, but doctors had no idea what was going on since it is so weird for a healthy, active, 17 year old to have gallstones.  When I was 20 I ended up in the ER because the attack was so back and they new what it was right away.  When it was removed, they re-opened the incision in my belly button (I had laproscopic surgery) and so I can only imagine what the scar in there looks like - just another reason that I don't want my belly button to pop out!

5)  I went to the same summer camp for 7 years and worked there for 2.  It's in New Hampshire and all my favorite memories growing up are there.  I hope to send my own kids there some day (Pleasant Valley for girls or North Woods for boys).
Source
6) My first boyfriend ever was in the fourth grade.  We dated for almost a year.  He got me a necklace from Claire's for Christmas and chocolates for Valentine's Day.  Our first date was to go see Mulan (yes, the Disney cartoon), hahahahaha.

7) I drive a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix.  It has like 115,000 miles on it and is not aesthetically in perfect condition, but I love it.  I've considered getting a new car, but every time I test drive one I don't like it.  I think I'll be really upset when it gets to the point where I have to get a new car.  I would like to get it professionally cleaned on the inside though, especially before the baby arrives!

Phew, I came up with 7 things!  Sorry if they're totally lame; I did what I could.  Now, I tag:
  1. Miss Tattoo @ Tattoos and Lace
  2. Diana @ Garden Beneath the Sky
  3. Krystal @ All My Writes and Wrongs
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I LOVE to learn random things like that about people. :) Thanks for tagging me, I can't wait to have a chance to do this. Hopefully in the next day or so!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik