Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DIY Coasters

So yeah, I mentioned in my end table overhaul post that along with refinishing the actual end table I decided to make some super easy, coordinating coasters.  A) they're pretty cute (if I do say so myself) and B) they are super functional and will protect my beloved table from being damaged!

So, it was for serious the easiest project ever. Ever.

Originally, my plan was to find some cheap-o coaster at Marshall's or Wal-Mart or some place like that and then fancy them up to my liking, but then I found a four pack of little wooden circles at Michael's for like a buck so I picked those suckers up and ran with it.  Since the color scheme for my living room is yellow, teal-ish blue, and grey (you can check out my inspiration here) and the table itself was grey I decided to paint them blue.
Personal Photos
Supplies
Spray painting little wooden circles is super easy.  Then, I used my stenciling supplies from my end table project to add a little visual interest...
Personal Photos
Stenciling Supplies
Finally, I sealed those suckers off with a spray acrylic coating, et voila, the cheapest, easiest DIY coasters on the planet...
Personal Photos
I really like cheap, simple, functional, attractive projects, so I couldn't be happier with how this one turned out, lol.

Have you had any super simple and highly successful DIY projects lately?

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am trying to incorporate those same colors into my living room, too! But I am also doing green :-) I might steal this idea ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so freaking cute! Thank you for the idea! This is a great Chrismas present! :) I am going to pin this to my pinterest, hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NKubon - I will be SUPER flattered if you pin this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love them! and the table. very cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik