Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pregnancy Week 15

15 down, 25 to go!

In case you couldn't tell, I'm still not really enjoying being pregnant.  My back is killing me.  I'm super gassy.  Everyone in the world apparently doesn't think I look pregnant at all but if I even try to get into my pre-pregnancy clothes I get super depressed.

It doesn't help that last winter I went from being a size 6-8 to being a size 0-2 and being an avid What Not to Wear watcher, I got rid of all my "fat" clothes.  So all my pre-pregnancy bottoms are tiny.  They fit me really well when I was watching what I was eating, but even though I'm not eating with reckless abandon or anything, I'm certainly not dieting anymore!  Hell, when I was a size 2 all I drank was water and 1 cup of coffee a day! No soda, no juice, no Gatorade, no Vitamin Water - just water.  The added calories from my 1 glass of orange juice and the Gatorade/Vitamin Water I've been enjoying alone would make me put on weight.

I can honestly say I can't wait to get back on a diet.  How fucking weird am I?  But I think it would be irresponsible for me to start trying to lose weight seeing that I'm pregnant so I just have to wait until The Little Sea Monkey is born.

Getting back to my back pain...I finally broke down and ordered a body pillow.  I got this one:

Source
That thing is heaven.  I don't know why I put off buying one for so long.  If you're pregnant, and you don't have one yet - go buy one.  Even if you aren't pregnant, you should probably buy one, I'm just sayin' though...

In Mama Drama news - my Mom is not-so-subtly hinting she thinks having a baby will be the end of my marriage ("it changes everything - you're going from being a newlywed to never having a second to yourself...you never know what will happen") but if I hadn't seen those lectures coming I would have just been dumb.  Whatevs Mom!

The other night I was throwing myself a pity party about being lonely (I miss The Sailor...) and I texted my friend from Pittsburgh, Sam, and his response was, "don't worry, you'll have a baby soon.  You'll never be alone...or properly bathed...or rested."  I feel like this should have/was meant to freak me out a bit, but it totally didn't.

A) Eventually the kid will be old enough for a sitter...alone time - check!  B) They have come a long way in dry shampoo, and washing your body takes all of 30 seconds...adequate hygiene - check! C) The Sailor is somewhat of a freak of nature and can operate on next to no sleep for extended periods of time; I can honestly say I won't feel bad having him do some of the waking up in the middle of the night even though he'll be working and I technically won't...decent amounts of rest - check!

So, in two weeks my Mom is coming to visit, and once she sees my fat ass I think it'll really sink in that I actually will be giving birth to her first grandchild in April, so we'll see how that visit goes.  And then the week after that I finally get to find out the gender of this little Sea Monkey!  I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time.  I keep having nightmares dreams that the Ultrasound person tells me it's a boy, I start crying hysterically, and she tells me I'm a bad Mom for wanting a girl so bad. I don't know if these are prophetic dreams or if I'm having them because that's actually a fear of mine, but I guess we'll find out on November 8!

Until next time...

PS - instead of bogging down this post with the whole slew of pictures of me becoming a whale you can go check them all out on my Pregnancy Tab, which also has links to all my weekly updates!

1 comment:

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik