Wednesday, September 28, 2011

So yeah...he's gone...

The Sailor's flight was at 6 am. So, we had to get up at a little before 3 am in order to get him to the airport on time.  Plus side - the stars out here in the middle of nowhere are gorgeous at 3 am. Downside - it was fucking 3 am.

I made him drive there. I was exhausted, and my eyes we still adjusting to the middle of the night. We really didn't talk much. Honestly, what was there to say? I'll miss you...? That's a given, and its been said enough already. Are you nervous/excited/whatever...? We really talked about that in length already.

So, what do you say to your husband when you're on your way to the airport to drop him off to get deployed and won't see him again for 5 months? I chose nothing; just held his hand.

When we said goodbye I didn't cry. I didn't get teary eyed. I just said goodbye. I probably won't cry when he gets back either; I'm just not that kind of crier. Luckily The Sailor was well aware of that, so he wasn't expecting a dramatic goodbye.

We said our goodbyes, he grabbed his things, and he was gone.

But in the grand scheme of things, 5 months is not that long. Especially when it comes to deployments.

I'm lucky {that as long as nothing bad happens} he'll be back before the baby is born. And although I've never experienced a deployment before, I have lived 100% by myself before. That may not seem that important, but honestly, it can be strange being all alone at first. It takes time to adjust to cooking for one person.

I'm lucky to have my amazing dogs. Honestly, they keep me sane; they keep my life in some sort of schedule. Not to mention they're the best cuddlers ever! And thank goodness I've already met some people on base.

So yeah, it sucks. My husband is being shipped off to a boat where he'll miss all the major holidays as well as my birthday. Nobody wants that. But it could definitely be worse, and I can't forget that.

I'll probably post my 12 week update (as well as the results of my NT scan/ultrasound pictures from that appointment) either today or tomorrow. But this is all I've got for now.

Until next time...

PS - totally took this pic of Gabby this morning...how effing perfect is it?


2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm a crier. When Glenn visited for the first time last May, I cried on the way to the airport, on the way home, and all night while waiting for him to call me to tell me he made it back home. lol
    I get living by yourself thing. I've lived on my own for a long time so I would be okay with him leaving for a week or so. 5 months? Nah. I'm a nympho and I need his manhood to stay sane. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think living alone will be the HARDEST thing for me when my husband deploys. I've always lived with my parents, roommates, or my husband (and sometimes weird combinations of those) so I know that the first time he deploys I won't know what to do with myself. However, I think having people I can talk to and share stuff with who have been in my situation before will really help. I hope you have people like that in your life.

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik