Monday, September 26, 2011

Being a Navy Wife Sucks Sometimes

The Sailor is being sent to the boat on Wednesday.

We knew this was coming. And as much as I didn't want to accept it, I knew it would be last minute (he just found out this morning). But we thought he would get a little more information than he did!

Yup, all we know is that he's leaving Wednesday. Don't know where he's leaving from, what time, or even if he's going straight to the boat or not! I'm just annoyed.

And I feel bad. I went out for the majority of Saturday with Navy Wife Kim. After I had been gone for a few hours, The Sailor texted me and said, "this could be my last weekend home..." But I thought to myself, it also might not be. And I can't live my life expecting you to leave for the next however many months. But he was right, and I feel bad for not spending every minute with him.

This just sucks. I don't want him to leave. I don't want to be alone in this big house. Shit, I don't want to be alone period! But I knew this was coming, and it won't be the last time he gets deployed. At least he's scheduled to be back in time to be there when the baby is born.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to how you are feeling.
    When I was married it was to someone in the Navy and I was pregnant, right around 20 weeks.
    It was the week the war was annouced and we received 2 days notice that he would be gone and that he wouldn't be back until after our daughter was born.
    It wasn't easy but I got into a routine and the baby and I were fine on our own. He came home and met her when she wa 8weeks old.
    You will get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man, I'm so sorry. Even though you knew it was coming it still sucks when they up and leave. Just remember this is an indicator of how strong you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes a special kind of woman to be able to handle this so give yourself a pat on the back. I couldn't do it. I think I'm strong, but I know I couldn't handle it. I need structure and schedules in my life. Giving me 2 days notice about something will eff up my planner and cause my OCD to get out of control and then I end up on the kitchen floor in the fetal position because I couldn't decide if cream corn should go before sweet corn or if it didn't matter because both of them are corn. O_O

    You will get through it. *hugs* You have all of us to keep you sane!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik