Things I need to buy:
Crib mattress- I got this from Target ($60)
- Shelves (I want floating shelves for the wall, not like a book case)
Crib bedding set- I got this from Target ($100 - on sale when I purchased it) Paper lanterns- I got a variety of sizes from The Paper Lantern Store ($30). I still need to hang these though Hooksand baskets - I got these from Target ($20)
And here are the DIY projects I have lined up:
- Final touches to my crib
Refinish my dresser/changing table combo Mobile for over the crib
- Print, mat, and frame the pet silhouettes - coming soon!!!
On top of that, a few random things:
Make the final decision on my rocker/glider. My Dad is going to be buying this for us/the baby, but I need to decide what I actually want!
I went with this glider from Babies R Us. The blanket and pillow on the chair came with the bedding set. The lamp is from Home Goods ($40), the side table was kinda a splurge from Overstock ($57), the circles above the chair are mirror wall decals I got from Totsy ($7 - Totsy is a flash sale site; if you don't have an account already you should make one here!!!), and the stuffed puppy I got at Marshall's on clearance because it was dirty but once through the wash and it's fine ($7)!
And a close-up of the mirror wall decals:
- Prep the diapers I've purchased already. When you use cloth diapers you have to wash them a few times before you use them in order to maximize their absorbency.
- Wash all the clothes I've gotten. There's the stuff I've bought (or other people have bought) and on top of that I just bought a bunch of used baby stuff and it came with a bunch of clothes, but more on that on my weekly update this week!
- Put away/organize all the diapers, baby cloths, etc.
- Figure out what I forgot to put on this list and do that too, lol. - This is going to be ongoing, lol
New Additions to the List:
- Do some stenciling on the lampshade
- Create labels for the closet organizers I purchased
- Frame/hang an animal/alphabet print I got off Zulily (another Flash Sale site; if you don't have an account with them you should totally make one here!)
- Cut out a quote (which quote is still under debate) in vinyl using my Cricut (once it gets here from Pittsburgh - yes, I'm still waiting to get some of my stuff from Pittsburgh) to stick on the wall.
And here's what the rest of the nursery currently looks like at this point. It's shameful; but I know once I start hanging things and organizing the clothes/diapers it'll all come together...
I forget how much I spent on the night light, but it was next to nothing; I got it from Marshall's. I also still have to figure out what to do with all my extra pinwheels; some of them will be hung up with the lanterns (above the changing table) but I'm not sure about the rest.
So there you have it! Despite all the progress I've made this month, the nursery is currently in shambles, hahaha. Next time you see it will probably be once everything is done, but I will obviously share pictures of the DIY projects I complete between now and then!
Did your nursery look like a hot mess for a while before it all came together or were you super organized from the start?
Until next time...
**All images are personal photos**