Monday, June 3, 2013

MmmMmmMmm-Monday - Peanut Butter Oreo Ice Cream Pie Recipe

Usually if I go to someone's house and I offer to bring something I legit make something from scratch.  But I was feeling particularly lazy this past weekend (thanks first trimester!) so I "made" something for a cookout The Sailor, W, and I were going to.

In my defense, it's a super delicious something, it's just a kinda halfway homemade dessert...
 What you'll need:

  • Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
  • Cool Whip
  • Mini Reese's cups (or normal size ones if you want)
  • Peanut Butter of your choosing
  • 2 Oreo Pie Crusts (if you're an overachiever or your local store doesn't carry Oreo crusts you could make one your own by mashing up a thing of Oreos, mixing it with a few tablespoons of melted butter, and then pressing it into a pie pan) - this "recipe" makes two pies
First you want to let your ice cream sit out for a while to let it soften up.

Then mix your ice cream and cool whip together until it's blended completely (the Kitchenaide mixer is super useful for this step)


Heat up as much of the peanut butter as you'll want to use in the microwave then coat the bottom of each pie crust with it (you heat it up so it spreads better without ruining the bottom of your crust).  I normally wouldn't use crunchy peanut butter, honestly, but that was all we had in the house.

Pour half your ice cream mixer into each prepared pie crust and smooth the top as much as possible.

Then put Reese's cups around the perimeter of the pie.  I like doing this because a) Reese's are delicious, and b) it kind of warns people that there's probably peanut butter in the pie somewhere.

Put it in the freezer for at least a half hour to set the filling (I just cover mine in plastic wrap) et voila - the easiest ice cream pie ever.  But it's soooooo good...

What's your favorite quick and easy "homemade" recipe?

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I'll be bringing this to a few cook-outs this summer. I really want a Kitchenaide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Kitchenaide is the best kitchen-investment I've ever made! If you bake at all, you NEED a Kitchenaide!

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhhh emmmmmm geeeeeeee. I need this to get in my belly ASAP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik