Monday, August 15, 2011

It's lonely sometimes...

This whole life.
All my friends and family (regardless of how much my family tends to suck) are in a completely different timezone. On top of that, The Sailor has to wake up super early to go to the gym, then class, so by the time he gets home he's exhausted. I feel like I barely get to see him, and this is a good time, because he's actually here!  In less than 2 months he'll be gone...until February.
I knew this was how it would be, I guess I just thought I would deal with it better. I'm sure it would be considerably easier to deal with if I wasn't pregnant and in turn super emotional, but that doesn't make it suck any less.
I'm watching Sex and the City and all I can think is, "will I ever be in one place long enough to have a group of close friends like that again?" At least I have my Gabby Girl - not the best conversationalist, but she's great company, and she understands me better than any human I've ever met.
Enough of this blogging-pitty-party, I'm gonna go finish watching Sex and the City, feel bad for myself for a while, and go to bed.
Until next time...
No blog post is complete without a picture, here's one of my favorites of Gabby Girl...

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's getting a little rough. But at least he's only gone until February and not longer! I'm sure you will make tons of friends soon!!! You seem like a great girl!


    ps Gabby is SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just because you chose this lifestyle doesn't mean you can't have a bad day! It's tough. When my husband left after our honeymoon, I got a dog too. It helps a lot but doesn't hide the fact it can be very lonely without friends. Sometimes it's fine to feel bad for yourself...watch your favorite movies, pout, whatever it takes to make the funk pass! I'm sure you will meet some new people in no time. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to this--I'm in Arizona and everyone but DH is in another time zone. (Interestingly enough, I also have a confidant named Gabby, though mine is a black and white cat). I try (or at least I tried before I got pregnant) to get out of the house as much as possible, even if I didn't really talk to anyone, being around people helped. And, as always, you have your friends on the internets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was married the first time he was in the Navy and I found out I was preggo one week after I moved 8hrs away from all of my family and friends. He then got deployed when I was 4 months pregnant.
    I remember all too well how hard it was to be alone. I delivered our child without him and he didn't even meet her until she was 2months old.
    You will have bad days. But, remember what you are doing this for. And, when times get tough know that you arne't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are the best - and you've brought a tear to this hyper-emotional-pregnant-lady's eye!

    Blogging is good for the soul, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik