Monday, June 11, 2012

Wesley Glenn - 2 Months!

Ok, so he's a little past 2 months old, but whatevs, at least I'm blogging again!

"Yeah Bitches...WHATEVS!"
So...a little about The Seamonkey.  First of all...he is seriously growing like a weed!  At birth he was 7 pounds 6 ounces and 21 inches.  At 2 months he was 12 1/2 pounds and 23 inches!  It is absolute insanity to think that he grew 2 inches in 2 months!
"See...I'm talllllll!"
Now, let's talk "milestones."  I'm taking this chart from Baby Center and I'll just use it as a guideline to discuss milestones on my monthly updates:

Child's Age
Mastered Skills (most kids can do)

Emerging Skills (half of kids can do)

Advanced Skills (a few kids can do)
1 monthLifts head when lying on tummy
Responds to soundStares at faces
Follows objects briefly with eyes
Vocalizes: oohs and aahs
Can see black-and-white patterns
Smiles, laughsHolds head at 45-degree angle
2 monthsVocalizes: gurgles and coos
Follows objects across field of vision
Notices his hands
Holds head up for short periods
Smiles, laughsHolds head at 45-degree angle
Makes smoother movements
Holds head steadyCan bear weight on legs
Lifts head and shoulders when lying on tummy (mini-pushup)


So, 99% of those things The Seamonkey does.  He doesn't really laugh much, but he smiles a ton.  And I'm not sure what qualifies as noticing his hands...he has yet to pull his hands together and fiddle with his own hands, but he sucks on his hands a lot!  And he's a huge chatterbox!  I'll try to get a video of it to share, because it is freaking adorable!

He's still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed and I dread the day he outgrows it and has to go in his crib in the nursery.  He doesn't even usually nap in his crib.  His naps are so irregular it's just easier to let him nap in the swing in the living room or else half the time I'd be running upstairs every 10 minutes.  When I workout he's almost always napping in his swing and if he wakes up I can talk to him and keep him from crying...if he were up in his crib he'd be crying before I even knew he was up!

Also, when he sleeps at night I still swaddle him or else he doesn't sleep at all.  Wesley still has a very strong moro reflex (the reflex where an infant will randomly start flapping their arms for no reason) and if  he isn't swaddled his arms will fly upwards and it wakes him up.  I have no problem swaddling him for as long as he needs it!
Throw your hands in the air, and wave them like you just don't care!
Ummm, not sure what else to say.  He's 100% cloth diapered, breastfeeding like a champ, and the dogs are doing great with the adjustment but each of those topics is totally worth of their own blog posts!  So I'll just show off one more picture of my handsome little man...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik