Monday, July 1, 2013

MmmMmmMmm-Monday - A Dessert So Decadent, It's Scandalous

Also known as - Slutty Brownies



My apologies in advance, I didn't take any photos while I was baking, I was too anxious to get these suckers in the oven.

In case you couldn't tell, I like to bake.  I also like to think I'm pretty good at it.  And given the fact that both The Sailor and I have insane sweet teeth, it's a miracle we aren't obese (seriously).  But when I have a potluck to go to, I almost always bring a dessert.  Last week, The Sailor's squadron's "family readiness group" (AKA FRG) had a cookout and this is what I made to bring.  I must give credit where credit is due, and I actually got inspired to make this promiscuous dessert by Baking and Babies a few weeks back, but I do not make Slutty Brownies the same way she does.

When I think of Slutty Brownies, I think chocolate chip cookie, layered with Oreos, finished off with brownie.  You can find a billion different recipes on Pinterest, but I just put together my favorite recipes to create my own Slutty Brownies.

First - the chocolate chip cookie...my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is the Ghiradelli Chocolate one.

Ingredients

  • 11 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
  • 1 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups unsifted flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Stir flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.  In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color.  Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla.  Mix on low until incorporated.  Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.

I then filled a greased 7 x 11 Pyrex dish to almost halfway with the batter (I had enough cookie dough left to make 15 rounded half-tablespoon sized cookies after the slutty brownies were done baking).  Then put a layer of original Oreos on top of the cookie dough.

At this point you'll want to pre-heat your oven to 350.

Now, for the brownie batter, my go-to is the recipe that is on the Baker's Chocolate package.

Ingredients
  • 1 package (4 ounces) Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup flour
Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted.  Stir in sugar.  Blend in eggs (one at a time) and vanilla.  Add flour and mix well.

Then I pour this batter on top, and basically fill the pan to the top (I had enough brownie batter left to make 6 brownie "muffins") then cover it with (nonstick) foil.  Bake for 35 minutes, then remove the foil (it will probably have some brownie on it).  Then bake for another 25 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick can pierce the actual brownie part (you'll have to poke between the Oreos) and come out clean.

They are rich, and decadent, and amazing. Enjoy!








2 comments:

  1. Ummmm...come to my house and bake for me? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Baking is awesome! I don't understand people who don't like to bake.

    ReplyDelete

I always love getting some blog love...

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik